Pieve del Vescovo
Dating: 16th Century
The castle Pieve del Vescovo, so-called because for centuries it has been owned by the Archbishop of Perugia's mensa, rises on a green hill that dominates the Caina Valley, a kilometre from the town of Corciano.
The fortified building with an imposing and solid structure, has a quadrangular plan with internal courtyard and four corner towers.
Arranged on three levels, in around 1570, it was transformed into a luxurious residence following the designs of architect Gaelazzo Alessi, losing its strictly defensive features.